Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A wonderful weekend in Paris!

BonJour!!

Paris, just like everywhere else on this trip, was just simply AMAZING!!
I'm going to start you out on a little funny note. Kelsey, Tayler, and I had this wonderful idea to stay the night in the airport because we had an early flight. We hear of people doing it all the time..it couldn't be that bad right? Well, wrong...It was a little past miserable, but hey at least we can say we did it! Ha. So also the adventure getting there was a little more difficult than we had planned.
We met around 8 and went to eat dinner. We found this yummy place where I got a crispy chicken sandwich and french fries...and the waiter spoke loved that we were from Kentucky and said he loved the show "The  Voice" and Blake Shelton and he said I like the music, country music, but not the dancing.. a little weird. So dinner was great, and here's where it went downhill. We had it all planned out on what metro and what trains to take to get to the airport to prevent ourselves from having to pay about 30 euros for a taxi. So we get to the train station, after sitting for about 20 minutes and every single person has left on the previous train, that the next one for our stop doesn't come until 5:35 in the morning..so we suddenly freaked out thinking about what we were going to do, when then they announce the station we were in is about to close.. you better believe we high-tailed it out of there. We then found the closest metro station and tried to get as close to the airport as we could to then find a taxi to take us the rest of the way.. it was crazy and I'm sure you can see us now running around almost in panic mode. We were all just laughing it off and enjoying the adventure. So we then get to the airport and have to walk all the way down to the only door that was open and then figured out that security was already closed, so instead of sleeping in not so comfy chairs, it was the floor for us! We found a spot and were out of it..well for a minute or two. The floor was so so cold and of course we had nothing except what we had packed..no blankets. So we slept (or laid there) for about 3 hours and then was rudely woken up by security. We checked in, went through security (where they threw my shower gel and scrunch gel away :(.. and then were on our way to wait another 2 hours for out flight to leave. Thinking about all of this just makes me laugh.. You always live and learn, that's for sure!!!!

So we finally take off and then have about an hour and 40 min bus ride from the airport to Paris. We metro our way to our hostel and luckily with no problems, find it fast. We recharge for a quick 30 minutes and charge our phones, and then off to find the meeting point for our FREE tour and of course to eat lunch. We eat at a yummy pizza place and relax with a Coke, then ready to start our 3 1/2 hour walking tour.
The tour was amazing and I learned so much about Paris. It was incredible and so beautiful.. Below are some pictures from the day!


After this amazing tour we decide to head back to the hostel for a couple of hours to rest and re- energize to go eat dinner and visit the Eiffel Tower at night!!! Below is a picture and let me tell you I feel like it wasn't real life.. I have always dreamt of actually seeing the Eiffel Tower and as I stood under it, it was just simply amazing! It's hard to explain how amazing it was, really!

 So of course on Sunday we get an early start to see the Eiffel Tower in the daylight.. And as you can see below, it is just as stunning. We took an elevator to the very tip top and the view was just breath taking. The picture below, to me, seems unreal. But let me tell yo folks, it's so real and so cool!

The rest of the day we spent on the metro and walking. We went to Notre Dame, which was also beautiful, bought a few souvenirs, and ate lunch..where we had a whole bottle of wine. I'm very proud of myself for coming out of my shell to try such different wines. It wasn't the best I've had, but it was quite good. We ended our Paris trip with none other than..some sweets. I got this huge waffle covered with melted chocolate, powered sugar, and whipped cream...talk about heaven in your mouth!

So we then found our way back to the station for the bus to take us back to the airport. We all three got very good naps on the way back to only have to wait about 2 1/2 hours for our flight. We then arrived back in Barcelona and were dragging by the time we made it back to our apartments..

I was so excited when I got back though..I just had to upload every picture before I went to bed which was around 2am. I was also too excited to sleep because the next day, Monday, was our last day at the school.. And that is where I will begin my new post!

Paris was amazing!!!! That pretty much sums up my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment