Translate

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Last day at Santa Isabel

So yesterday, Monday, was my last day at Santa Isabel. It was a wonderful day, but definitely went by too quickly. In class we finished writing letters to some of my students back in Kentucky that were so cute. I can't wait to share them!

For lunch, we had a special surprise...which was Homemade pizza!! It was very good and of course we had Coke too, which was wonderful! 



They also had little gifts for us. A yearbook from the previous year, shirts, and laniards with a sweet thank you note from our teacher. This was such a sweet surprise and definitely a great memory to hold on to forever. 


Here is my teacher, Mrs. Olinkha. She was wonderful and we had a great time getting to know each other. She's very very sweet, so much help, and a great teacher! 


Here are the gifts I received from the kiddos and Mrs. Olinkha. She had made me two books where each of the girls drew me a beautiful picture.. I love gifts like this where I can keep them forever and of course always look at them if I'm ever having a bad day. This was a very sweet surprise for me!!!


Overall, my experience at the school was GREAT! I will say that it is VERY different than American schools, but it works for them. Everyone I met at the school was so nice and helpful and I hope to come back later down the road to visit. 

It was so sad to leave all the sweet girls. I received about 50+ hugs on the way out the door and loved every second of it. I cannot wait to keep in touch with these two classes. My thoughts are to make a video of my students from Kentucky and send it for them to watch and remember me by. Also, to meet some new friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment