Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Another great day!

Today at school was another great day! As soon as I walked to the playground where the girls were, they all ran up to me.. Miss Abby, Miss Abby you changed your hair. I wore my hair semi straight today just because I wanted something different.. They all thought it was the coolest thing, calling me beautiful and asking how I did it. They are SO sweet!

For lunch, we went out to The Chocolate Box where we got sandwiches and a small pizza, along with dessert of course. I think we have found our favorite place to eat for lunch closest to the school... very very good and reasonably priced!
So I had the 5th grade boys for Art today. Let me just say this.. I was praying all day for them to behave well and not go crazy and hit and scream at each other.. and well it must have worked, because they were angels... well not quite.. but they were MUCH more well behaved than last week. We were painting frames for their moms for Mother's Day which is coming up and we were listening to music while they were working, so it went quite smoothly. I was asked by two students if I danced and I said of course! They then began to ask about The Harlem Shake and the Gangnam Style.. I also started singing a Kelly Clarkson song that came on and they just thought it was the funniest thing. I realy connected well with the boys today and it was a fun class.

After school, Kenzie, Tayler, and me went to the port! It was beautiful and we managed to find the correct metro to get there to prevent from walking so far. We also took a 40 minute boat ride where we were given a coupon for a free drink during the ride. You better believe we took advantage of this and each had a cup of Sangria! This boat ride was VERY relaxing and exactly what all three of us needed. We then followed to get some ice cream (or gelatto) down Las Ramblas. Very very good ice cream!!

I am home now and got to Skype my mom  and dad again for a few minutes. Of course she was busy.. They were finishing up the Prom tent at MCHS. I'm so sad I'm not going to be there to see all of the madness, but I cannot wait to see my beautiful little sister in her gorgeous dress!!! :)

One more day of school for this week and then I'm off to Rome!!!! I'm so excited and we just booked a tour that visits the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican, and lots more! We are SO excited and I can't wait to share it all with you!!!

Goodnight!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment