Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 1 = success

It is currently 12:00 am here and I am absolutely exhausted. I just had a yummy dinner: salad and hamburgers!! Not to mention for lunch, I was very proud of myself. I tried some new food of which I do not remember what it was called, but it was good. I had a salad made of potatoes, peas, carrots, mixed in mayonnaise and some kind of dried ham sandwich.

We then rode around downtown Barcelona where there were some beautiful buildings, lots of shops, and tons of people. The streets were so busy with people, cars, and motorcycles. The driving down here is crazy.. I would wreck for sure!

I then came back to the house and took a much needed short nap before heading to our orientation and to meet the children! I met Naora at the school, but Jordi had futbol practice. We then had our orientation about the school and important stuff to know. After, I cam back to the house and finally got to meet the little boy, Jordi. He met me at the door with open arms and he is so adorable! They both are and they talked me into giving their presents because I accidentally forgot to hide them in the process of unpacking. They both loved their gifts.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store.
Off to bed for now for some much needed sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad that you're there, in the wonderful city of Barcelona! You're so lucky to have such a sweet host family! I can't wait to hear more! Get some rest, but remember, you can sleep when you get home! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete